I like to mix things up a bit when it comes to my desserts. I change up flavors, colors – I add a little something to a tried and true favorite to make it even more spectacular. Today, I added Halloween Oreos to my Oreo Dessert for my Moms Group Bonfire and I used Harvest Style candies to make my Candy Bar Cookie for our Annual Fall Festival at Church. Both were delicious and very festive for this time of year!
For my Candy Bar Cookie, I went all out and made the cookie from scratch and topped it with Fall Colored M&M’s – plain and peanut, Reese’s Cups and Snickers Bars. So easy and fun to make! If you missed my original recipe for this delight – here’s an updated one that’s perfect for this time of year!
Harvest Style Candy Bar Cookie
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 cup Peanut Butter
1 cup Harvest M&M’s
1 cup Harvest Peanut M&M’s
4 Reese’s Cups
1 Snickers Bar
– Preheat oven to 375° F.
– Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
– Grease or use a coated 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Spread cookie dough into prepared pan. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack.
– After cookie has cooled for about 5 minutes, add peanut butter in dollops all over the cookie. Allow to melt and spread almost to the edge of the pan.
– Next, roughly crush Plain and Peanut Harvest M&M’s in a ziploc bag and sprinkle over smoothed peanut butter.
– Break up Reese’s Cups and Snickers bar and crumble over cookie.
– Allow to cool and harden a little before serving.