When we have family gatherings, everyone brings a dish to share. My mother-in-law is famous for her veggie trays, my sister-in-law, her cheesy potatoes and I have now become famous for this Buffalo Chicken Dip. It started out as a joke because I was asked to bring it to a dinner and I had never made it before. So…I did what any good blogger would do – I scoured the internet for the most delicious looking recipe and whipped it up. It was a hit! I don’t believe I’ll ever be able to attend a family function without bringing it. What’s great about this recipe is that you can bake it in the oven OR you can put it in a crock-pot to keep it warm all the day long.
With only 5 ingredients, this Buffalo Chicken Dip is spicy, delicious and addicting. Keep it in mind for your next gathering or for Super Bowl Sunday. I am sure it will be a hit at your house as much as it is at mine!
- 2 (10 ounce) cans chunk chicken, drained
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Ranch dressing
- 3/4 cup pepper sauce (such as Frank’s Red Hot – I like the Buffalo kind)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 bunch celery, cleaned and cut into 4 inch pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) box chicken-flavored crackers
- Heat chicken and hot sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through.
- Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing. Cook, stirring until well blended and warm. Mix in half of the shredded cheese, and transfer the mixture to a slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top, cover, and cook on Low setting until hot and bubbly. Serve with celery sticks and crackers. I am sure a little blue cheese dressing would be yummy on this as well!