It’s back to school time and that means we’re packing up lunches and snacks for our little ones. If you’re like me, I am conscious of what I’m sending my kids to eat. I want them to have a great day and that starts with what they put into their bodies.
When scrambling to pack the kids’ lunch boxes in the morning, you may forget about our own lunch. In fact, 73% of moms have eaten their child’s snack in a pinch.* If you have fallen victim to this statistic, it’s best to stock up on snacks that the whole family will enjoy.
Here are some lunch-packing tips to make the mornings run smoothly.
- Leverage last night’s leftovers. Add instant rice to leftover chicken or transform leftover steak into a hearty chili
- Share a smile. Cut sandwiches into different shapes with cookie cutters, or write a note on a napkin
- Camouflage healthy snacks. Dole Real Fruit Bites are made from real dried fruit, coated with yogurt and sprinkled with toasted whole grain oats – Kids won’t be trading this snack
- Keep it cool. Think outside the thermos, and try freezing a yogurt cup or a juice box
- Snack attack. Grab snacks for your desk drawer or purse so you can have a quick bite