Since today was my oldest’s birthday and a school day, I wanted to do something special for breakfast – a quick scan of my inspiration boards at Pinterest and I knew exactly what I wanted to make…BIRTHDAY CAKE PANCAKES!
What could be better than cake batter made into pancakes with sprinkles inside and out PLUS a yummy powdered sugar glaze?! Can’t think of much!
The kids absolutely flipped over these and I found myself snacking on them throughout the morning since they make a ton. I am planning on freezing the rest (if they make it though the day) and pulling them out for a fun treat!
- 1 box of Yellow cake mix
- ¼ cup sprinkles
- more for decoration
- Mix up 1 box of yellow cake mix as directions state on box
- add ¼ cup sprinkles and mix gently
- add ¼ cup of batter to a hot skillet until bubbles form on surface (like making pancakes)
- Cook until 2nd side is golden brown
- Serve topped with a powdered sugar and milk glaze and sprinkled with colored sprinkles